Stage 2: Drain Inspection
Locate And Diagnose The Cause Of The Problem
The second stage is finding out exactly what is causing the blockage. The can be done by a physical inspection or by using specialised plumbing camera and diagnostic tools. These cameras allow the plumber to see the blockage itself from inside the pipe. The diagnostic tool then gives the plumber specific information about the blockage such as how deep into the pipe the blockage is.
Fix the Problem, Not just the Symptom
Common Causes of Blocked Drains
There is normally only 5 reasons why you will be suffering from a blocked drain. You may be lucky and only experience one of these at a time but in extreme cases homes and business may experience more than one.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots are one of the worst causes for blocked drains as they only require a hair line crack in order to penetrate the pipe and start growing.
- Foreign Objects: This is the most typical blocked drain. It is normally a build of of excessive toilet paper as well as an accumulation of things that shouldn't be or put down the drain. This can include:
- Misalignment / Breakages: This normally happens due to improper installation or if the pipes used were not meant to be used underground. When pipes are broken or misaligned, solids with in the waste water can become stuck and cause a blockage.
- Pipe Collapse: This is quite rare but is more susceptible to happen to an older style homes due to older pipes and earth movement over years of being buried. There are occasions where pipes have collapsed from heavy machinery or objects being on area with drainage underneath.
- Soil Settlement Pipes work using gravity by being slightly sloped the water travels down the pipe however sometimes due to ground movement or poor installation there is no slop or even worse a negative slope. Both of the latter will cause your drains to block up.
Drain Camera Inspections
We are able to conduct drain inspections in a variety of different locations and pipe sizes. Whether your blockage is located outside or inside your home our cameras are able to enter any nearby connecting drain in order to get video footage and pictures of the blockage. Visit our drain camera page for more information.
Once your blockage has been diagnosed we can then commence Stage 2: Clearing Blocked Drains .
Book a Drain Inspection
Don't put up with a slow draining sink or gurgling sounds coming from drains and toilets. Speak to our team today on 0403 355 550 and start taking the steps to healthier pipes in your home. Alternatively you can fill in our online quote request form and one of our friendly staff will be in touch in regards to your query
BLOCKED DRAIN FAQ
How do you repair a drain under a concrete slab?
Having a drain that is blocked or needs repairing is disruptive enough, but what do you do if that drain is located under a concrete slab? There are a few different options available, but it is always suggested that you call in the professionals to help. If you need furthe...
How to Unblock a Drain
The seven ways to conquer a blocked drain The occurrence of a blocked drain in your home or office is a huge pain, no matter the day or time. If you are thinking that you would like to give a DIY option a go before calling in the professionals - we do not recommend this! - t...
Is the Landlord or Tenant responsible for a blocked or clogged drain?
Blocked drains can sometimes become complicated and confusing for most tenants and landlords due to the processes usually required in diagnosing these type of problems. The issues may not always be prevalent in most circumstances until you get a plumber to check out why and where your bloc...
For more in depth blocked drain information visit our Blocked drain Information page